Sunday, April 24, 2016

Blistering Barnacles! [1] A lobste.rs-like site for bootstrappers

By Vasudev Ram

[1] That was a reference to Captain Haddock from the Tintin comics, for those who didn't know.

http://barnacl.es is a new discussion site for bootstrappers. It uses the http://lobste.rs codebase (which is open source, and in Rails) with some modifications. I signed up for the site, after seeing it mentioned on lobste.rs. I've been on lobste.rs for a while, but had not used the site much. Checking it out more often nowadays. Likely will do the same with barnacl.es, since the signal-to-noise ratio on both are high (is so on lobste.rs, likely to be so on barnacl.es, to be precise [2] - as Thomson and Thompson might say).

Both lobste.rs and barnacl.es have some differences from sites like HN. Instead of describing those, I'll let readers check them out - it'll be more fun and complete that way :)

[2] From Tintin comics again.

Here are a couple of posts from barnacl.es, with some comments:

Ask BN: Which chat widget provider do you use/recommend for online visitors?

List of tools for bootstrappers

- Vasudev Ram - Online Python training and consulting

Signup to hear about my new courses and products.

My Python posts     Subscribe to my blog by email

My ActiveState recipes

No comments: