Sunday, April 9, 2017

Digital Clock created in FreePascal / Lazarus

By Vasudev Ram

Some months ago I created this digital clock in Free Pascal / Lazarus on Windows, in my copious free time. It's simple, without any frills, but works well for me. I have been using it daily as the Windows clock utility I use on my PC to check the current time whenever I need to [1]. Here is a screenshot of this clock:



[1] I do wear a watch (digital, natch :) and have a mobile phone which shows the time and even has a clock app, but see:

A simple alarm clock in Python (command-line)

and

Jal-Tarang, and a musical alarm clock in Python

I usually run it (this latest clock) manually at PC startup (it's called DC, so I just have to type that and Enter). (It could be put into some Windows script or folder so that it starts automatically.) To see the clock, I just have to Alt-Tab over to it, or click on it in the Windows taskbar. In fact, even if I just hover my mouse over its icon in the taskbar, I can see the clock and the current time that it shows - and watch it changing too, right there :)

- Vasudev Ram - Online Python training and consulting

Get updates (via Gumroad) on my forthcoming apps and content.

Jump to posts: Python * DLang * xtopdf

Subscribe to my blog by email

My ActiveState Code recipes

Follow me on: LinkedIn * Twitter

Are you a blogger with some traffic? Get Convertkit:

Email marketing for professional bloggers



No comments: